In the first edition of The Hair Edit, we caught up with Megan Hess to find out ...
Meet Toni Garrn, the face of Aura Botanica in our exclusive interview where ...
#FUSIOFRIDAY WITH MEGAN HESS
We have partnered with Detox Kitchen with whom we share the belief that the food...
How did you come up with the concept of Detox Kitchen?I was always passionate ab...
Are you washing your hair right?
We know what you’re probably thinking – “How can I be washing my hair wrong?” After all, you’ve only been doing it for years! But you might be surprised to learn that the wrong technique can lead to damage or even leave your hair looking greasy. Pretty ironic, huh? From the temperature of the water to how often you shampoo, here’s how to make the most of your cleansing ritual.
Find the right shampoo
First of all, you’ll want to identify your specific hair type concerns. Head to your nearest Kérastase salon where a stylist will be able to deliver your individual hair diagnosis and advise you on which products are right for you. Whatever your concern, our shampoos can help you to achieve salon-perfect results after every wash.
Each of our ranges are specially formulated to tackle specific concerns whilst providing effective gentle cleansing action. For example, those with fine hair that lacks volume might want to try the Densifique or Volumifique ranges. Our Nutritive and Resistance ranges can help to nourish and repair dry, brittle strands respectively, whilst those with unruly curly hair might want to opt for the anti-frizz, smoothing action of the Discipline line. And if you prefer your hair care as natural as possible, look no further than our Aura Botanica line which is formulated with up to 97% of natural origin ingredients.
How to wash your hair the right way
Now that you’ve found the right shampoo, it’s time to take a closer look at your technique.
Here are some ways you can improve it:
- Remember to lather twice: once to cleanse and a second time to treat and nourish.
- Use warm water to open the hair cuticle and rinse with cold water to seal the cuticle and avoid frizz.
- Don’t forget to massage: massaging your scalp in circular motions can stimulate circulation and leave it feeling refreshed.
- To maximise results in addressing your specific hair concern, we recommend using products from the same range
- Choose the right conditioner for your hair concerns.
- When drying avoid rubbing which can lead to breakage and split ends, gently patting your hair dry instead.
- Last but not least - always use a thermo-protector if using heat for styling.
It’s that simple! Hair washing, done like a pro.