In the first edition of The Hair Edit, we caught up with Megan Hess to find out ...
Meet Toni Garrn, the face of Aura Botanica in our exclusive interview where ...
#FUSIOFRIDAY WITH MEGAN HESS
We have partnered with Detox Kitchen with whom we share the belief that the food...
How did you come up with the concept of Detox Kitchen?I was always passionate ab...
What is purple shampoo?
What is purple shampoo? Everything you need to know on how to care for blonde hair.
Blonde hair comes in many forms, from natural, highlights, balayage through to ombre. Read on for how to care for blonde hair, as well as our top recommendations for shiny, illuminating and voluminous golden locks.
Let's start with the basics, and probably why you’re reading this article. What is purple shampoo & what does it do for blonde hair?
1. Purple shampoo was
invented to counteract the brassy tones that can sometimes develop in colour treated blonde hair. It, unsurprisingly, contains blue and purple
tones that counteract the unwanted yellow hues.
2. The effect of purple shampoo, however, is only temporary and should be used roughly 2 times a week along-side a shampoo and conditioner for colour treated hair. If you’ve noticed severe discolouration in your blonde hair, it’s best to visit a stylist and ask about a toning service.
3. Be careful about sun exposure, which can cause colour fade, discolouration and hair damage. Try the Micro-Voile Protector mist, a light spray that protects your hair and its colour from the sun, salt and chlorinated water.
Do I need purple shampoo for my blonde hair?
If you have colour-treated blonde hair, a
professional formula purple shampoo is a
good idea in order to boost your radiance, reduce damage and prevent gradual
colour fade. If you’re a natural blonde, we recommend to ask your stylist for a
Kérastase consultation that way you’ll be able to understand your hair needs
and the right ritual for you.
There are four steps for caring for blonde colour treated hair:
- Use shampoo designed for blonde hair such as our New Blond Absolu Bain Lumiére. This Hyaluronic Acid infused shampoo is a lightweight formula ideal for lightened, highlighted or grey hair. The gentle cleansing formula soothes and hydrates hair from root to tip, with a lightweight feel. Bain Lumiere iluminates blonde tones, purifies hair from pollution and removes dulling agents. Enriched with a combination of Hyaluronic Acid and Edelweiss flower, the product prevents damage and protects the hair fibre. Hair is cleansed, with a radiant shine and nourished to the tip.
- Add a purple shampoo into your routine twice a week, like our new Bain Lumiére or Bain Ultra-Violet. This will help to boost the radiance and help to protect the tone.
- A weekly hair masque will add a layer of nourishment and hair will consequently look healthier and shinier. Try Blond Absolu's new Masque Ultra-Violet to neutralise brassy tones. Always leave on for at least five to ten minutes for the ingredients to really take hold. Adding Cicaflash, with the power of a masque in a conditioner, to your routine will also contribute as an intense fortifying treatment.
- Make sure to protect your hair from heat by regularly using Blond Absolu's Cicaplasme, as the new universal healing heat-protecting serum. Lastly, be careful about sun exposure, which can cause colour fade, discolouration and hair damage. Try the Micro-Voile Protector mist, a light spray that protects your hair and its colour from the sun, salt and chlorinated water.